FAPS-DEV is a young non-profit, apolitical, non-governmental organization which has been created out of the conviction that for poverty and unemployment to be eradicated, the most effective way is to teach people how to fish, and not solely to give them fish.
A group of young individuals therefore came together to brainstorm on ways of pooling their resources, skills, expertise and networks to enable sustainable development and well being in their personal lives as well as in the communities, especially at the grassroots. The Head Office of the association is in Buea, South West Region of Cameroon.
Create a society void of discrimination, ignorance and poverty through the promotion of socio-political and socio-economic activities.
Improving on the livelihood of the less privileged youths, women and children through socio-economic empowerment beyond capacity building.
- To promote equal access to education for women and girls and empower women and youths through vocational training, exposure to information and culture, technology and Communication.
- To encourage civic engagement and responsibility by women and youths.
- To safeguard the potential of the working population through the promotion of sexual and reproductive health.
- To improve on the livelihood of youth, women and children with special attention to the most vulnerable.
- To improve livelihoods and health of young people and local communities through sustainable commercial agriculture and access to potable water.
- To protect the greenery of our communities through the fight against climate change for a better environment for all.